In just two weeks, wine enthusiasts from around the globe will converge in the picturesque city of Coimbra, Portugal, for the 4th edition of the Wine Future conference. This year’s gathering aims to address the myriad challenges the wine sector faces on a global scale.
The conference will feature discussions led by some of the most influential figures in the international wine sector. Topics of discussion will range from engaging Gen Z and Millennial consumers, to digital marketing and social media strategies, sustainability in the wine industry, and the intersection of health, social policy, and wine. The overarching goal of the event is to foster a collaborative environment where solutions can be shared and inspiration can be drawn.
Portugal’s wine sector is not just a passive participant; it plays a pivotal role in the conference. Several prominent figures from the Portuguese wine industry will be key speakers throughout the event:
- Frederico Falcão, President of ViniPortugal, which represents Wines of Portugal, is co-organizing the event.
- Adrian Bridge, CEO of Taylors, will share insights on wine tourism.
- António Amorim will delve into the integration of new technologies in the wine industry.
- Bento Amaral, a distinguished Portuguese winemaker, will be part of a panel focusing on diversity, equity, and inclusion in the wine sector.
- João Gomes da Silva of Sogrape will discuss strategies to boost sales during challenging times. Additionally, Sogrape’s winemaker, Luís Sottomayor, will provide commentary on wines from the brand, including the legendary Barca Velha during a masterclass led by Mark Squires titled “The Magnificent 12”.
- A tasting session conducted by Dirceu Vianna Junior MW will showcase 12 iconic Portuguese wines, featuring renowned brands such as Quinta do Crasto, José M. da Fonseca, and Anselmo Mendes, among others.
- Richard Mayson will lead a tasting centered on the historic wines of Madeira and Porto, spotlighting brands like Kopke, Sogrape, and Quinta do Vallado.
The Wine Future conference is a collaborative effort organized by Wines of Portugal and Chrand Events USA, and co-organized by the Centro 2020 Programe. The event enjoys the support of several Portuguese institutions and brands, including Coimbra City Council, CCDRC, Turismo Centro Portugal, Taylor’s Port, and Delta Cafés, to name a few.
For those interested in attending, the full program is available on the Wine Future website. Tickets are still up for grabs and can be purchased on Ticketline. Vino Joy News readers can use promo code MP15WF to enjoy a 15% discount.