Entries are now open for this year’s Wine Australia China Awards, set up to recognize individuals and companies that have made “outstanding contributions to promoting and raising the awareness of Australian wine” in its most valuable market China, Wine Australia has announced.
The award ceremony set to be hosted on 11 November in China is the seventh year in running and is part of the Australian government’s AU$50 million stimulus package to promote Australian wines in its export markets, particularly China.
Figures from the China Association for Imports and Export of Wine Spirits (CAWS) has shown that in the first four months of the year, Australia has overtaken France as the biggest wine supplier for bottled wine imports, as the country continues to invest in China.
“The annual Wine Australia China Awards is a major recognition of those contributing to the success of Australian and for us to be able to highlight the people and businesses helping to promote premium Australian wine in China,” says Wine Australia’s Regional General Manager, David Lucas.
This year the awards will add two new categories – Best Australian Wine Promotion (Off-Premise) and Emerging Australian Wine Advocate, according to the wine trade body.
The full award categories are:
- Best Australian Wine Promotion – On-Premise
- Best Australian Wine Promotion – Off-Premise (new)
- Best Australian Wine Promotion – Online
- Outstanding Feature Story on Australian Wine (Trade Media)
- Outstanding Lifestyle Story on Australian Wine (Featuring Food and/or Tourism)
- Emerging Australian Wine Advocate (new)
- Online Australian Wine Communicator of the Year
- Australian Wine List of the Year
The deadline for submission is 30 August 2019.
WineWorld Xplorer – Asia’s first multi market wine trading platform. 22,000+ global offers. Find the best deal for your favourite wines on www.wwxplorer.com